FRESH THINKING EXPERIENCED ADVICE SINCE 1970
For help with your legal matters
Contact Hutchinson Cox
About Learning the Law™
The firm presents Learning The Law™ seminars, at no cost to the public, which provide information regarding areas of law that affect our daily lives. These are generally held as breakfast seminars and attorneys speak to issues that we find clients have questions about such as; what is the process for divorce, why do I need a Will, what does estate planning involve, what do I do if I am involved in an accident, etc.
Below are links to outlines used for some of the Learning The Law™ seminars we have done.
- Limiting Property Owner and Management Liability
- Purchasing Rural Property
- Compensation for Injury-Death Claims
- What to Do and Say at the Accident Scene
- How Should You Own Commercial Real Estate?
- Protecting Business Equity
- Practical Estate Planning Strategies
- Independent Contractors
Continuing Education Seminars
Our attorneys are often asked to participate in continuing education seminars sponsored by the Oregon State Bar, Oregon Law Institute, and other local and statewide organizations. Below are links to materials prepared as part of these speaking engagements as well as other miscellaneous published articles.
- Law of Easements
- Buying Property — Is It Clean?
- Avoiding Legal Problems Structuring Your Business
- Protecting Yourself with Copyrights and Trademarks
Below are articles written by our attorneys.
- When I’m in an accident what should I say when the insurance adjuster calls me?
- Changes in Oregon Law Regarding Noncompetition Agreements
- Protecting Your Trademark
- Business Sale Transactions
Domestic Relations and Family Law
Additional information regarding divorce and other family law related matters.