FRESH THINKING EXPERIENCED ADVICE SINCE 1970
For help with your legal matters
Contact Hutchinson Cox
The litigation practice group at Hutchinson Cox represents many different clients in all aspects of general civil litigation including trials and appeals in all state and federal courts; self-regulatory administrative proceedings; and arbitrations and mediations under alternative dispute resolution procedures.
Our firm has extensive experience in many different specialty areas of litigation.
- Construction Litigation: Our attorneys routinely represent clients in construction disputes, on behalf of both contractors and customers, both in commercial and residential and commercial projects.
- Commercial Disputes: Our attorneys have extensive experience in a variety of corporate and individual commercial litigation matters, including claims pertaining to contracts; banking; credit unions, consumer protection laws; and matters arising under the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Debtor-Creditor and Bankruptcy: Our creditor-rights group practices in areas related to lender/borrower, creditor/debtor relationships, which includes representing institutional lenders, foreclosures, collection of debts, and other creditor bankruptcy-related matters.
- Appellate Practice: Our attorneys have extensive experience in all aspects of post-trial review in appellate and administrative review of trial decisions.
- Real Estate and Environmental: Our real estate and environmental litigation attorneys handle all types of real estate disputes, including land use, lease, easement, and boundary disputes, foreclosures, enforcement of restrictive covenants, enforcement of purchase agreements, hazardous material clean up liability problems, water rights, eminent domain, condemnation and the application, interpretation and constitutionality of land use and environmental laws.
- Employment Litigation: Our attorneys have extensive experience defending public and private employers in all aspects of employment litigation, including claims of statutory and common law wrongful termination, employment discrimination, and retaliation arising under both federal and state law.
- BOLI and EEOC Administrative Proceedings: Our employment litigators have significant experience defending public and private employers against discrimination claims pending before the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Civil Rights Litigation: Our civil rights litigators are regularly called upon to defend public entities and their employees in all areas of civil rights litigation. Our clients include Oregon cities and counties, their police departments, city councils and city/county officials, public utilities, and public universities in claims arising under 42 USC Section 1983 asserting constitutional violations; Title IX and Title VII claims for discrimination and retaliation, and state law whistle blower claims.
- Labor: Our labor lawyers have decades of experience representing both public and private employers in labor arbitrations, including both grievance and interest arbitrations. Our attorneys are members of PECBA, and are familiar with the practices of the union attorneys practicing throughout the state of Oregon.
Our approach is highly client-oriented, striving for maximum communication with the client and assisting the client in making important decisions, based on our experienced advice in the area. Lawyers in this practice group draw on each other’s strengths and experience and are able to take a collaborative approach to maximize efficiency and attempt to keep the costs of litigation in check.
“I can confidently state he is an outstanding lawyer. …focused on practical and efficient legal outcomes. His legal work is excellent.”Scott H.Opposing attorney
“Everett is a class act. …Everett is straight forward and honest. He doesn’t play games with you or your emotions.”Rijnclient
“I came to Frank for help with a complicated divorce involving complicated business difficulties. I really needed professional advice. Frank has been from the beginning upfront. I was really impressed by his advice.”HaringClient
“Amazing to work with! His first concern was about doing what was best for my son…. He was very honest and forthcoming about the law and the process, what I could do on my own and what he could do.”JenClient
“Liam is professional and yet easy to talk to about your issues… office staff is also professional, responsive and very helpful.”BobbieClient