FRESH THINKING EXPERIENCED ADVICE SINCE 1970
For help with your legal matters
Contact Hutchinson Cox
Meet William (Liam) Sherlock
Liam is a skilled advocate and has successfully litigated dozens of complex lawsuits in state and federal courts. He has considerable experience in advising clients on resolving property disputes, on complying with environmental laws and regulations, and on other matters pertaining to real property issues. Liam has developed a depth of experience in appellate matters and regularly appears on behalf of clients before the state Land Use Board of Appeals on land use matters. He has an extensive background in mediation and practices in that area as well. A few examples of Liam’s favorable results achieved are listed below.
Liam is an avid outdoorsman. He and his family enjoy river rafting, hiking and traveling.
- J.D., University of Oregon School of Law, 1990
- B.A., University of California at Santa Cruz, 1986
- University of St. Andrews, Scotland, 1984 Honors program: Agrarian/forest management and land use policies
- Representing an oil recycling company in one of the largest soil contamination clean-up and remediation projects in Oregon’s history
- Ensuring that private property owners have continued access to their rural property.
- Halting a poorly planned factory outlet mall on forested land along the Oregon coast.
- Successfully reversing a decision by the Oregon Schools Athletic Association that would have otherwise prevented a high school student from playing basketball his senior year.
- Stopping construction of a paved road along one of the last undeveloped segments of Hells Canyon.
- Advising software developers on how to negotiate the most favorable and lucrative contracts possible.
- Obtaining favorable settlements from the federal government for trespass and destruction of private property.
- Limiting Property Owner and Management Liability
- What Do I Do If I Discover a Hazardous Waste Spill
- Purchasing Rural Property
Land Use and Zoning
General Civil Litigation
Construction and Contract Law
Government Agency Law
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
“Keep calm and believe in Sherlock. He will get you through it.”DianaClient
“Liam is professional and yet easy to talk to about your issues… office staff is also professional, responsive and very helpful.”BobbieClient
“Outstanding service… he is not your average attorney, he is exceptional.”AdrienneClient
“Liam is smart and trustworthy…. I have absolute confidence in Liam’s advice, judgment and decisions.”LeeClient